Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Photo Hunt - Theme 'Long'

Have been out of blogging action for about two weeks now. Work took me away from Calcutta for a while, hence the ceasefire. Hope to make up for the lost time by posting regularly from now on.

In line with this week's theme ('Long') here are two shots, one in color and one in B&W. These shots were taken at Muir Woods near San Francisco, California. These trees are called California Coastal Redwood or the Giant Sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum). They are the tallest variety of trees in the world, growing to a height of 50-85 metres, on average. Sequoia's are found mostly in California and the Sierra Nevada mountains.


When you walk through Muir Woods, these tall (and I mean TALL!) give you the impression that you are entering a cathedral or a hall with huge high doric columns. Being there made me feel small and humble - could not but help wonder again how wide & wonderful Nature's creations can be.

6 comments:

-tnchick- said...

Wow, I wish I had given myself the chance to walk through those, when I lived in CA!

Marutham said...

Love the second pic alot.

:) Must have been a great place to b in...

Pijush said...

Fantastic.. Excellent shots mate

Ananda Niyogi said...

@ TNChick - You missed a golden chance there :-)

@ Marutham - thanks for visiting and leaving a comment

@ Pijush - Thanks buddy!

Anonymous said...

I love the first one!! Those are beautiful woods. I was there a few years ago, but I think I have lost my photos! Arg.

My Long Photo

Ananda Niyogi said...

@ Homestead Mama - Thanks for dropping by. Let me know if you need some more photos to relive your memories, I would be happy to send them to you :-)

©