Thursday, November 22, 2007

Photo Hunt - Theme 'I Love -----'


This week's PhotoHunt theme is 'I Love ___'

Travelling and photography is what I love the most. And as much as I like travelling in general, what I enjoy most is going to places of natural beauty. There is nothing more grand or awe-inspiring than being mesmerized by the beauty of Nature. I like mountains and forests more than I like the sea, by the way. For the same reason, I enjoy landscape photography more than portraits or street photography.

Enough said. Now I leave you to one of my favourite shots. A shot like this is what the effort of travelling and lugging around heavy camera equipment & tripod worth it in the end. This is a sunset taking place over Jackson Lake in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, USA.

Photo Hunt

Taken with Nikon D40X with 18-55 AF-S DX Lens fitted with Tiffen 0.6ND filter


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a majestic photo. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

ananda-da, this is arka from back in school. was two years your junior, if you remember. I used to blog, but don't any more, so please do mail at arka(dot)01(at)gmail(dot)com, and let me know where you are and what you're up to. I'm in bangalore and teach and perform theatre.

-tnchick- said...

Wow, is right. That is a beautiful shot.

Anonymous said...

I see you are part of the indiblogger netword...awesome. We have put up a new indiclicker badge for all you photography enthusiasts...you might want to try it out at indiblogger.in/badges.php

Cheers

Anwin

Ananda Niyogi said...

@ Julie - hey thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments :-)

@ arka - thanks for getting in touch after such a long time. sent you a mail

@ TNChick - thanks for dropping by :-)

@ Anwin - Thanks for letting me know. The new badge is cool!

Pijush said...

Wonderful shot dude.. simply excellent. No word is enough to praise it. Gr8 Work

indicaspecies said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture! These warm and passionate colours make the beauty of nature truly mesmerizing. Superb A-Nanda.

the laughing gypsy said...

awesome shot! what great colors!

Anonymous said...

Ananda , I was totally spellbound when I visited this place and this snap struck a chord .Beautiful shot !!

Ananda Niyogi said...

@ Pijush - Thanks buddy :-)

@ Celine - Just imagine sitting here in silence enjoying the changing spectrum of colors at work. Lucky me!

@ Laughing Gypsy - Thanks a lot! Great colors indeed - the colors in fact changed hues over a period of time. From golden yellow to orange and then finally this shade

@ Aditi - Thanks so much for your appreciation :-)

indicaspecies said...

I came to check on this shot again.

Yes Ananda, I can imagine the pleasure of admiring the beauty you had to behold and solitude. Must have been magical!

kate said...

Wow - this is a breathtaking photograph.

I imagine that you are glad not to be in Minnesota right about now when they have received so much snow lately.

©