Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tagged by Celine


Celine has tagged me here and the following is the response to her tag questions.

Two names you go by (besides your given name):
1. Nanda (Friends at school, college and some colleagues - abridged version of Ananda, I guess! )
2. Mota or Mote (quite literally meaning fatso - no explantions needed here)


Two things you are wearing right now:
1. Black trousers (I love conservative office attire)
2. Yellow striped formal shirt (Do I love being a loud dresser too??)


Two longest car rides:
1. Salt Lake City, Utah to Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming (roughly 500 kms)
2. Kolkata to Digha (roughly 200 kms)


Two of your favorite things to do:
1. Photography
2.
Travelling


Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. A Nikon 12-24 mm super-wide angle lens
2. A month off from work ("No wayyyy", says my boss looking over my shoulder)


Three animals you have or have had:
1.
Never had one (not a pet lover)
2.
Never had one (not a pet lover)
3. Never had one (not a pet lover)

I hope I have not harped on the same thing for too long :-)


Three Things you ate today:
1. Noodles (lunch at office canteen)
2. Manchurian Chicken (
lunch at office canteen)
3. A 'Darbesh' in the morning (a Bengali sweet)


Two things you are doing tomorrow:
1. Office (during the day)
2. Go back home (in the evening)

Overall, that sounds like an exciting plan - or so I hope!


Two favorite holidays:
1. Durga Puja (enough said here, especially the comments section)
2. Christmas (less work, more play)


Two favorite beverages:
1. Darjeeling tea (no sugar or milk, please!)
2. A cuppa of cappuccino


Thanks for tagging me Celine. I hope I have answered your questions sincerely. I am not tagging anyone in particular, but anyone reading this can pick this tag up.

3 comments:

Pijush said...

Haha.. Mote I loved ur answers.. smart and honest :-) keep smiling

indicaspecies said...

A-Nanda :)

Your fascinating car ride from SLC to Grand Treton NP, was it covered in a day?

Having tried out quite a bit of sweets of the West Bengal cuisine including the Mishti, Roshgulla, Sondesha, how come I missed out on Darbesh?

Thank you for a lovely post and your sincere and delightful answers. :)

Ananda Niyogi said...

@ Pijush - But I thought I am always smart & honest :-)

@ Celine - Yes, we started early in the day. That, combined with consistently driving over the speed limit, helped us make the trip within a day.

And about Bengali sweets - even if you start having a different one each day, you will be struggling to complete the range with a year. Did that sound like a boast??

©